Sonntag, 19. Dezember 2010

No Balls as long as the cash is jingling

Today I watched the video for the EMP christmass song "Jingle Balls" and yes, it's about as bad as it sounds, possibly even worse.
Right now I just can't be bothered to find a link to the video, but it is on youtube if you really want to watch it, although I definitely don't recommend it.
It's a badly performed thrashy version of Jingle Bells with the chorus and main riff of Balls to the Wall stuck on at the end, still badly performed. Yes, it makes no sense apart from providing the weak joke for the title and allowing Udo Dirkschneider to scream a bit for charity. This really pisses me off to no end.
Why does he lend his name and credibility (or whatever is left of it) to such a crappy project?
For charity, the proceeds go to Peta after all.
But is this reason enough to rape one of the greatest (or at least most famous) songs in the history of german heavy metal?
I don't think so. And don't even get me started on the fact that people in this country think it is funny. It is not, damnit! It is unoriginal, bad performance being used to start the advertisement for the new UDO album which may or may not be released some time in spring.
The whole way this is done shows that Udo and his management have no respect for their fans and the fact that it is apparently working shows that they're probably right.

The result? I for one can't take the guy serious anymore and feel even more certain in my appreciation of the new Accept line-up. And I am feeling angry and misanthropic, hating a large number of anonymous people out there. Which makes not much sense and should best not be questioned to much.

Anyway, just wanted to get this off my chest.

Keine Kommentare: